EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Franco-American Centre (Manchester, NH)
Administrative Assistant (P/T: 8-12 hours/week)
The Franco-American Centre (FAC) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to preserving and promoting French language culture and heritage. Located on the campus of St. Anselm College in Manchester, the FAC offers French language classes, movies, art exhibits, performers, guest speakers and cultural events.
The Franco-American Centre is currently seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Executive Director. Duties include: arranging meetings, handling information requests, research, report preparation and correspondence, and liaising with board members. The position requires a high degree of professionalism, initiative and enthusiasm.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintain the organization’s contact lists, files and records.
- Assist with accounts payable/receivable, including data entry, invoicing and reports.
- Plan and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Research, prioritize and follow up on email and voice inquiries
- Support internal and external communications and marketing including email and social media.
- Assist with administrative tasks including: editing, photocopying, producing materials, writing press releases, developing website content and maintaining meeting minutes
- Provide other project/operational assistance as needed.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Interested candidates should possess the following:
- Ability to professionally interact with varied audiences including board members, volunteers, vendors, members and the public.
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and QuickBooks
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interest in promoting French language and culture
- Some working knowledge of French (spoken and/or written) highly preferred
Competitive based on qualifications. Part-time position: 8-12 hours per week.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY
Visit www.facnh.com for more information about the organization. To apply, email resume and cover letter to [email protected] . Application Deadline: November 30, 2014.
For a complete description of this position, see the job posting (pdf).