The Euclide Gilbert French Language Foundation and the Franco-American Centre present the Concours Vidéo de langue française 2015. Winning entries in this French language video contest will be awarded prizes and a showing at the Red River Theatre in Concord, New Hampshire, on March 13, 2015. See our announcement on YouTube and our rules below for how to participate.
Required Forms (print, fill out, and submit according to contest rules)
Content Requirements and Evaluation
1) Entries must demonstrate a response to the following prompt: “Why should 21st Century students study French?”
2) The length of the video must be within 60 to 120 seconds (1-2 minutes)
3) All videos must be in French.
4) There are 2 contest categories: High School and Adult. Please note submission category.
5) Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
a. Content (including at least 3 documentable facts re: French language or culture)
b. Language use (i.e. vocabulary, pronunciation, diction)
c. Video quality (i.e. technical quality – clear video and audio)
d. Creativity (i.e. interesting/engaging approach to the prompt)
6) Prizes will be presented for each category as follows:
a. One (1) First Place: $ 300.00
b. One (1) Second Place: $ 200.00
c. One (1) Third: $ 100.00
7) Awards will be presented and winning entries will be shown at the Red River Theater in Concord, NH on Friday, March 13, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. prior to the showing of the film “Un Rêve Américain”.
8) The URL for all video entries must be posted as a comment to the official contest YouTube video.
9) There is no entry fee to participate.
10) The entrants video description must include the following:
a. Entrant’s name
b. School name (for high school submissions)
c. City, state
d. Title of video
11) All portions of the online entry/release form must be completed prior to posting the video to YouTube for your video to be eligible. Forms can be sent to the Franco-American Centre of New Hampshire in two ways:
a. Emailed to [email protected]
b. Sent via US Mail to: Franco-American Centre, 100 Saint Anselm Drive #1798, Davison Hall, Manchester, NH 03102-1310
12) Entries may be posted to YouTube starting on February 9, 2015 at 10 A.M eastern time. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 P.M. eastern time on March 6, 2015. Winner(s) will be announced no later than Thursday, March 6, 2015.
13) No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
14) No professional assistance is allowed. Entrant’s families and friends may assist with production, but are limited to verbal guidance only. Family and friends are allowed to be actors or cameramen, but not content contributors.
15) Content must comply with all local and national laws of the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by The Euclide Gilbert French Language Foundation and The Franco-American Centre of New Hampshire
16) The judges’ decision is final.
17) The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. Neither The Euclide Gilbert French Language Foundation nor The Franco-American Centre of New Hampshire will pay filmmakers additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
18) Entrants grant The Euclide Gilbert French Language Foundation and The Franco-American Centre of New Hampshire the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
19) Entrants also grant The Euclide Gilbert French Language Foundation and The Franco-American Centre of New Hampshire the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant.
20) The Euclide Gilbert French Language Foundation and The Franco-American Centre of New Hampshire maintain the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
21) By accepting the prizes, winners agree to hold The Euclide Gilbert French Language Foundation and The Franco-American Centre of New Hampshire employees and volunteers harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of such prizes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused from participation in the contest or use/redemption of any prize.
22) Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 603-641-7114 OR VISIT FACNH.COM
Règlements du concours
Critères de contenu et d’évaluation
1) Les soumissions doivent répondre à la question suivante : «Est-ce que les étudiants du 21me siècle ont besoin d’apprendre le français? »
2) La vidéo doit durée entre 60 et 120 secondes (entre 1 et 2 minutes).
3) La vidéo doit être en français.
4) Les 2 catégories sont : étudiants d’école secondaire et adultes.
5) Les critères dévaluation seront :
a) La vidéo doit contenir au moins 3 faits saillants sur la langue française, la culture, etc.
b) Les compétences linguistiques. C.-à-d., le vocabulaire, la prononciation et l’élocution.
c) La qualité de l’audio-visuelle. C.-à-d., la qualité de l’image et du son.
d) La créativité : est-ce que la vidéo est intéressante, que l’approche à la question est engageante?
Attribution des prix
6) Pour chaque catégorie, les prix consistent en :
a) Premier prix de 300$
b) Deuxième prix de 200$
c) Troisième prix de 100$
7) Les lauréats et les vidéos seront dévoilés avant la représentation du film « Un rêve américain » au Red River Theater à Concord au New Hampshire le vendredi 13 mars, 2015 à 17 heures.
POUR PLUS DE RENSEIGNEMENTS, APPELEZ LE 603-641-7114 OU VISITEZ NOTRE SITE WEB FACNH.COM
A PDF copy of the rules can be downloaded here: YT_Contest Rules_rev15_0202_TB_with translation (please note that the deadline has changed to March 6th, 2015)
The YouTube announcement of this contest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBzS9Omo2Tg&feature=youtu.be
extended to 11:59pm on March 6th 2015